Saturday, May 28, 2016

The Weekend / Mothers Day


Friday and Saturday

Two great days of recovery for sure. We all just sat around and enjoyed the time we had together. Jeff was leaving to head back to work for the weekend on Friday afternoon, so we got his things together and took him out to the airport. Friday and Saturday consisted of lots of visitors for our T-man. He did really well after everything he had been through.

Sunday mother's day

Mother’s day at PCMC; It wasn't anything big and spectacular but it was one I will remember. T was doing amazing. He was responding to meds wonderfully and started to get a little personality again. Smiling and talking up a storm. The best however was his laugh and I was able to catch it on video which was even better. I felt comfortable to leave for a few hours and go have dinner at my sisters. It was great to get out of the hospital and have a home cooked meal. I love my family and the support they showed for us. We still were not sure when T would be coming home but we made arrangements for the next week, hoping we wouldn’t have to use them. We knew that we needed to see and meet Dr. Chen who would be our doctor for life with Tanner. When we were first diagnosed, we met another doctor who works alongside Dr. Chen. I did not like him at all. He did not have very good bedside manners and everything was black and white for him with no grey. This made some of his comments very contradicting. After talking with him, I was ready to meet Dr. Chen and get my many questions answered by someone who works with a large number of CGD patients and who had better bed side manners.

No comments:

Post a Comment