Monday, July 17, 2017

Days 35-54 Post Transplant

YAY! We have hit past day 50 - which I am hoping not to jinks myself by saying this BUT we are half way to day 100 and  that much closer to going home. T has been having so much fun with lots of cousins around to play with but still loves to have snuggle time with mom and dad! T's number did a little drop a but they came back up all on there own!!! YAY! This is so good! And I feel that they came back up at the right time because over the weekend T developed a runny nose and a cough, and has tested positive for the paraflu virus. Lucky no fever yet so no staying in the hospital yet but we have to keep a close eye on him. T also has started to get hair back... they are so tiny and so thin but they are there. He also is taking a medication that make him super hairy and that is starting to happen on his eye brows and back a little, so i am sure before to long he will have a lot more hair on his head.

As for the rest of us, we are hanging in there. Last week while I was home working (Jeff and I trade off weeks) it was a hard week to be home. For once, I was able to go and attend all of church on that sunday, and it was just what I need but also hard because it hit me like a ton of bricks of everything that T has gone through and still has to go through to be able to sit with me at church again. I just really missed him and I had only been gone for 24 hours. Then I went home that after noon and walk upstairs and into T rooms to pick up some things and I just lost it again because he is going to be so much older when he is able to come back home, and I just want him to stay little. This week was also the week of the 4th of July. So a lot of family time happened with out us there and times that we were there, we ALL were not there! It was hard.

Caroline is doing good. She has her moments were she just wants to be home at her house and doing things on her own time. but she is also loving the time with cousins and lots of playing. She actually may end up being board at our house when we go home and I know for sure that she will miss playing with Kayz(her cousin that we are staying with) lots!!! Even tho they have their fights, sometimes more than we would like them to fight, they are still BEST FRIENDS!









No comments:

Post a Comment