Saturday, May 20, 2017

Day +1

Tanner is still doing good - He was a little more irritable this morning. Mornings have been rough for T in general, cause right now he can't just wake up on his own. The BMT team wants weight and first set of vitals done before 8AM  - (at home T would usually sleep in till 0830/9) so he usually always get a rude awakening between 730 and 745. And they come in every 4 hours in the night to do vitals as well and so I think he just doesn't sleep all that well. He also seem like something was hurting him the morning so We gave him some pain meds and that seem to calm him down a bit. And he finally got in a better mood- even more after his nap! The doctors came in and are taken T off of fluid for a bit just so see how he does - I feel that he is so water heavy and this will be a great thing for us. T is still struggling to eat the food we order him. But he love to munch on snacks, which usually are gold fish, moon pie, chocolate, and pudding. I am hoping being off of fluids with also help with eating. So with being off fluids, T was able to move about his room freely and he enjoyed every minute of it. Jeff got back this later this after noon (he went home to Rhonda's funeral) and just came right in and played with T. I think T was happy to finally have someone else to play with beside just mom. And lets me honest - Jeff does A LOT more playing with our kids then I do and they love it. Now don't get me wrong, I play with the kids but I also feel like I should be doing a million other things I have on my To Do list and Jeff can just turn that To Do List off in his  head or maybe he just dosen't let it show. I am so happy Jeff is finally feeling better and come back in and help with T. It was a long week without him but i know it was best for T for him to stay away.

So From here we just keep waiting! T's body is actually still working out the chemo and getting rid of all his old stuff while working on the new stuff. THIS IS NORMAL! So we still have hard days ahead but we hope we get happy's days, like today, over the next while as well.

**** TO TANNER: Thank you for making today a Great day for us! You helped me become happy while I was sad about saying bye to Aunt Rhonda.  Sorry we may have had our hard moments while eating. You probably have sores in you mouth or just no taste buds and I just don't realize it. You are still one of the cutest kids on the floor. And that is even coming from the nurses. I love you Tanner Boy! Thanks for Being strong, happy, and brave! ****

Here are some Pictures of our Fun Day!


 T loved playing in the Bubbles!! Thanks Aunt Hil for the Bubble Machine, I have a feeling it will be a life savor!



No comments:

Post a Comment