Saturday, May 13, 2017

Day 2 of Chemo - DAY -6 till BMT

Today was a pretty good day! More Rounds of chemo done, more sleeping, eating and playing in our room. Jeff was still sick today so he stayed away, so it was a bit rougher of day on me because I am one of those moms that hates to leave her kids with anyone else but family. So I did not leave the room as much but Tanner was such a good kid today., so that made it easier. He is was being his normal self this morning, although early after noon he seem a bit more tired and irritable and his eating has started to slowed down a bit. My mom and niece brought Caroline by tonight and I think that saved us all. T was so excited to have her come in and play with him, and I was happy to have someone else entertaining him and more eyes to help me watch him for a bit.

There was one problem that occurred today and COULD effect T's Chemo rounds and Transplant. After T's first round of chemo drug #1, they had to collect bunch of labs after for the next four hours. Those labs were to be sent to Seattle to a place up there to run the blood and make sure we have T's dosing right, so his numbers will be in the right range of number for transplant to reduce his chance of complications with the transplants. Those labs where taken to the lab here to be packaged correctly and sent to yesterday afternoon to get the results today. WELL, THEY NEVER SENT IT OUT!!!! Our Doctors were so upset,(is might be and understate of how mad they were) cause without those results they don't know for 100% that we have his dosing right. The doctors spent a number of hours on the phone today with the lab in settle and with each other (since it was the weekend only one of out doctors were here) to do the math and calculations and run some numbers that they could the make the best possible decision without those labs. WE HAVE THE BEST DOCTORS. (One doctor here, one Dr. was on vacation and still help us out, and the other doctor, our primary BMT DR, came in at 10pm on Saturday night to talk to me about everything and make sure I was OK.) They did change his dosing just a little and are still sending out the labs on Monday and will get the results Tuesday. Its a blessing we have 3 days of rest before transplant because if the numbers are off they may have a chance to still do some more chemo if needed.  So if you want to include something extra in your prayers for us, please bless that we have his numbers right so we wont have any complications with the transplant. I was not super nervous about it until tonight. I was probably in Shock- but I TRUST our doctor greatly that did their calculations correctly and they will make what was wrong right and make sure they are doing the best for Tanner.


I didn't take very many pictures but here are a few that I did take!






I promise I don't have a black eye in this picture - Just dark circles from not much sleep! ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment